Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Day Off...

We had been looking forward to our 3-day weekend for quite a while and I was very thankful to get to spend some extra time with Brian and Allie....Yay for President's Day! We had planned to take the kids to the zoo, but unfortunately, Mason had to go to school for a snow make-up day....Boo! So Brian, Allie, and I spent most of the morning searching thrift shops and antique stores for some furniture for the kids "new" rooms. We scored something awesome for Mason, which he is super-excited about!! (I will do a post on our "finds" tomorrow.) When 2:30 rolled around, we picked our little man up from school, skipped naps, and headed off to Riverbanks Zoo to enjoy the rest of our day off.....


Mason loves the maps they give you when you enter the zoo....he likes to keep track of where we are and where we're going the whole time. I'm not sure why I find this amusing, but I do! :) 











This goat was so cute....just chillin' on his wooden platform.


Then he got tired of being photographed.....thought he was going to come after me there for a minute! 



Checking out the chickens.



I have forgotten what this plant was called, but I loved the little yellow flowers....they smelled sooo good!



And, of course, the BEST thing about the zoo might just be......



the ICEES!!!

0 comments: