Monday, December 27, 2010

Polar Express Weekend

We always look so forward to our annual Polar Express trip with the Sox, Cooley, and Bickley families. We all stay together in a mountain cabin in Saluda, NC for the weekend and then drive to Bryson City, NC to ride the Polar Express. We always have so much fun and every year there seems to be a new adventure....this year's just happened to be a bat in the cabin! (I'll have to get some pictures to post from that because it was pretty darn funny!!) And as an added bonus this year, when we woke up on Sunday morning it was snowing....the kids thought that was the greatest thing ever!

Carter, Fulmer, Mason, Camden, Caroline, Allie, Katie Beth, and Peyton are ready to ride the Polar Express!!











Reading the book on the way to the North Pole!



The Conductor came by to punch their tickets.


I love Allie's face in this picture....she LOVES some hot chocolate!


I don't think you can get much sweeter than this!


Mason with "Mr. C"
(Allie wasn't too sure about Santa this year!)


Being silly during the Christmas Carols.












I LOVE this picture....Allie is all about eating some snow!



The boys sledding.....



The girls sledding.....






We stopped and ate at Fatz on the way home and our waitress brought the kids chocolate milk with whipped cream and chocolate on top.....seriously??



Mason sure enjoyed it.....can you tell?



Oh yeah, and then she brought us a free dessert....the kids were jacked up on sugar for sure!!

0 comments: