Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back in the Present.....it's Potty Time!!

As I continue to get caught up on my blogging, I decided to throw in a present-day post. (Don't worry- there are more rewind posts coming!) So, what's going on right now in the Stowers household? Well, the answer would be potty training!! I decided to go ahead and try to get Allie potty trained before preschool starts back up in a few weeks. She's really doing a great job, but I have to admit that the last 9 days have been quite the challenge for me! I feel like I have spent the majority of my waking hours in the bathroom with her (we've had LOTS of false alarms) and she's been bad about wetting the bed (and sometimes pooping in the bed!) during her naps and at night......meaning lots more laundry for mommy! I honestly thought I might go insane last week. In the midst of all the potty training, Allie has also decided to give me a little preview of what she will be like as a teenager....can we say defiant??!! What fun!! Despite my frustration and utter lack of patience with her in the past week and a half, I know that one day Allie will grow up to be a beautiful, strong, caring, intelligent, VERY independent woman who knows and loves God.....and for that, I know that this is all going to be worth it!!


Pink stool, pink seat, and some reading material...what more could a girl ask for?

New big girl panties!!

Potty Time!! LOVE that face!! :)

Allie got a Ballerina Aurora doll for being such a big girl!!

0 comments: